Hair Rebonding Benefits And Risk Factors
Getting straighten your hair is a peak desire of every woman but you never know how much effort is required to get it done. Rebonding is the only way that keeps straight your hair for maximum time and also gives shine and smoothness to your hair. In this post, we’ll give you a complete overview of hair rebonding benefits and risk factors.
What is Hair Rebonding?
Hair is made up of proteins, amino acids. These proteins are associated with bonds, to define the structure of the hair. Hair rebonding breaks down these bonds to rebuild the structure of your hair. The treatment process starts with the application of relaxant, which breaks down protein binding, then the hair is straightened and finally neutralizer rebuilds bonds in the hair.
Process of Hair Rebonding
Hair rebonding is a process involved in chemicals and heat to alter the structure of the hair. It may take 3-8 hours depending on the length of your hair. Here is the steps complete rebonding process.
What you need
- Hair rebonding product pack
- Adjustable Flat iron
- Blow dryer
- A shampoo
- Protein spray
03-08 hours according to hair length.
- First of all, the stylist washes your hair with a mild shampoo ( Skip the conditioner).
- Now let your hair dry naturally or blow-dry.
- Apply a protein spray all over the hairs to avoid itching or scalp allergy.
- Divide hair into sections depending on the hair volume and texture. Stylist analyzes your hair with a hand before starting treatment.
- Now take rebonding cream from the rebonding pack and mix it well in a bowl. Apply the rebonding cream at each section of hair thoroughly so that it is coated on each strand. Be careful when you apply cream and keep a distance of 1 ½ inch from the scalp to avoid any skin damage.
- Always take a thin layer of each section during cream application and remove tangles using a comb, so that it is evenly applied to all hairs.
- Wash rebonded hair thoroughly, with water after 40 minutes, depending on the hair texture.
- The stylist uses a protein spray once again before giving blow-dry to your hair. Then blow-dry the hair completely using your finger comb in hairs.
- In this step, Stylist straightens your hair using a flat iron. Take a small strand when applying flat iron and it should never take more than 5-7 minutes on each strand.
- Now Fixing balm is applied to your hairs according to your hair length. Avoid tying your hair during the application of fixing balm. Let it remain to your hair for 15 minutes, once you applied to whole hairs.
- Hair is then rinsed out with water. Hair serum or thermal protector spray is applied to the hair and Blow-dry your whole hair once again.
- Lastly, Straighten your hair once again by taking thick strands with a flat iron.
After Hair rebonding process, hair becomes vulnerable and needs an extra bit of care because of harsh chemicals and heat. So if you recently have gone through this process, you should follow the guidelines given below, to extend the life of your rebonded hair.
Safety guidelines for rebonded hair
Avoid washing hair for 72 Hours
The most important thing which you keep in mind once you get the rebonding treatment. you just have to stay your hair away from water. It’ll take almost three days to settle into a new structure. You’ll get the suboptimal results if you skip this.
Leave your hair ties
Avoid using hair ties or bobby pins after the rebonding process. it can create creases at your newly restructured hair which you can’t afford at any cost.
Go to bed with straight hair
It’ll be quite challenging for you to go to bed with straight hair. But you have to do it for just three days, before washing your hair. Avoid anything that can cause trouble to the shape of the hair.
Give some pause coloring your hair
Chemical treatments may be a nightmare for you in the next six months. Hair coloring is also included in it. So don’t use the hair colors or any chemical applied to your hair for just six months. it’s sufficient time to shape up your hairs, then you can experiment on it.
Conditioning your hair after wash
Once three days passed away you can wash your hairs, ensure to use a mild shampoo that is ideal for chemically treated hairs. After proper wash, apply a little bit conditioner and let it stay for a few extra minutes to soak up moisture.
Give up heat styling
You don’t need any styling further because your hair has also been styled! But if you don’t want to keep yourself away from blow-dry then use it in a cool setting. So stay away from heat as it can damage your hair.
Don’t Forget to Trim
Hair rebonding can damage your hair on a long term basis. Rebonding leads to split ends so you have to visit hairs stylist after every 6 weeks to trim your hair. It can keep your hair healthy by preventing damage from traveling up to the length of your hair.
Cold showers can please you a lot
Coldwater helps seal hair shafts and controls the hair damage, to restore moisture loss. It not only hydrates your hair but also conditions your hair to maintain hair health. But if you can’t survive with cold water then you can use lukewarm water but avoid warm water.
Avoid washing your hair too much
your hair needs moisture and they can get according to the requirement. So ensure to wash your hair for just 3-4 times a week to get healthy and shiny hair.
Healthy hair needs a healthy diet
Let me assure you that it’s more important that what you put inside your body than what you put on your hair. We focus on keratin treatment but if you take a protein diet that compensates the keratin deficiency, you’ll never need it. So just take a healthy diet, as your hair is growing out healthy from the roots.
After-effects of Hair Rebonding
- Chemicals used in rebonding treatments may cause side effects, like frizzy hair, dandruff, hair loss, weakening of hair, split ends and greying hair. A study shows that long term use of chemical treatments can cause scalp burns or lesions.
- Hairs become fragile right after the treatment of rebonding. it can lead to issues such as hair breakage or split ends. Actually the chemicals and heat can harm your skin and scalp as well.
- Hair loss is a very common side effect of women, who experienced the rebonding treatment ever.
- Some rebonding products contain formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a dangerous substance that can cause skin rashes, itching, irritation in the nose and eyes and cause cancer in some cases as well.