How Lemon Juice Is Effective To Treat Acne & Acne Spots?
Fresh Lemons are not only helpful to lift up the flavor your yummy recipes but they have also a significant role, to make home remedies for skincare treatments. Lemon is a natural source of vitamin C which provides numerous benefits, from digestion to glow your skin. Therefore today we’ll highlight the key features of Lemons to reduce Acne and its after-effects. Lemon is quite abundantly used in multiple acne removal medications so let’s see how Lemon juice is effective to treat Acne!
How Lemon juice reduce Acne?
Lemon and its extracts are the major ingredients of different skincare products due to its strong anti-oxidant properties. Lemon contains vitamin c which is powerful anti-oxidant and it inhibits the production of free radicals and boost collagen levels.
Acne is one of the most common skin condition which is developing in almost 88% of adolescence female, a reference taken from clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology PMC July 2019. There are multiple over the counter products available which have been using to manage acne. But many people are still convinced of natural remedies. Some anecdotal evidence confirms that it shows the Significant result of Lemon in reducing acne and its scars. So let’s see how lemon juice effectively combats against acne.
- It effectively helps reducing major symptoms like redness, itching, and swelling, etc, associated with acne.
- Lemon has also strong antiseptic and antibacterial influence due to which it not only minimize the progression of acne but also kills bacteria’s causing acne.
- Lemon juice extracts excess oil from your skin and keeps it dry due to its acidic nature, which results in less sebum production.
- Lemon extracts have been used in multiple skin glowing cosmetics due to its bleach properties, thus it can also prevent pigmentation scars caused by acne.
There is not any scientific data that validate the efficacy of lemon, to treat acne. So if you are a natural remedy lover, you can use it but after consulting your dermatologist.
How we can apply Lemon juice on the skin?
what you Need
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cotton balls
How Lemon Juice Is Effective to treat acne
How to do
- Add 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice, in the 1 tablespoon of water, and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture to your face and affected areas with cotton balls.
- Leave it your skin for 10-15 minutes and then wash your face with water. You can even use it to remove acne scars as well.
How often you need to do
You can repeat it once a day until you get your desired goals. Lemon juice can leave your skin dried so it’s better to apply oil-free moisturizer after the use of Lemon juice remedy. As Raw Lemon juice can harm your skin so always be cautious while you apply directly to your skin. So here are some tips and guidelines regarding the Lemon juice application.
Guidelines to Apply Lemon juice Topically
- It’s always better to do a patch test before you use it to your face or affected area.
- Lemon contains citric acid which can harm your skin, so always dilute it before you apply to your face.
- It’s compulsory to apply oil-free moisturizer after the topical application of lemon juice.
- Lemon juice can make your skin photosensitive, so avoid sun exposure when having this remedy on your face.
- Fresh lemon juice can be more effective for this remedy as compared to outdated lemons.
- When you apply lemon juice topically, some other side effects may also be seen, which are given below,
Side effects of Lemon juice at Skin
Lemon juice is quite effective to treat against acne and acne-related scars as well, but it can create some complications if you don’t use it with care. But many people have firm beliefs and they are using it for long. Experts suggest you can use it on your skin after consultation with your dermatologist.