Remove Pigmentation Using Vitamin C
Pigmentation is a dermatological condition that has been established in our community and it varies in size and color. It can be caused by sun exposure, aging, and various hormonal transformations. You can treat it through medication but it’s not a permanent solution. Hence Natural remedies are always a safe option to fight against pigmentation. Vitamin C reduces pigmentation effectively because of its antioxidant properties. it also inhibits the melanin production that may lead to pigmentation. Several cosmetic sunblocks and serums have vitamin C to remove pigmentation. In this article, you’ll also get the updates that how to remove pigmentation using vitamin C.
Vitamin C is also known as Ascorbic acid which not only assists in removing pigmentation but also keeps skin hydrated and resolve aging factors. It gets you dual relief by removing pigmentation and saving your expensive treatments as well.
Benefits Of Vitamin C
- Vitamin C helps reduce pigment formation by limiting melanocytes ( Melanin producing cells) in the skin. Melanin excessive production can trigger pigmentation caused by sun exposure.
- Aging can also prompt pigmentation, hence vitamin C prolongs the aging factors due to its antioxidant properties which don’t allow free radicals to build oxidative stress.
- It keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized. Lack of moisture can create multiple skin disorders like dryness, dark spots, fine lines that ultimately lead to pigmentation.
- Vitamin C is a vital dietary nutrient but when topically applied to the skin, it brings magical effects and glows your skin naturally.
How Vitamin C Reduces Pigmentation
- Melanin is the major factor causing pigmentation due to sun exposure. Vitamin C inhibits melanin production and removes dark spots of the pigmented portion.
- Vitamin C is acidic in nature and when applied topically it advances cell regeneration. It also helps promote collagen production that brightens the skin and fades away dark spots.
- Vitamin C also has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties that naturally eliminate dark spots from your skin.
How to Apply
- Apply Lemon juice to the pigmented area and leave it for 10 -15 minutes.
- Wash your face using water.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis until you get the results.