Did you ever notice that your feet tell the complete story of your skincare beauty? Pedicure is a highly popular treatment in spa and beauty salons. It’s the extreme desire of every woman to keep clean and well-groomed her feet. It’s also documented by the recent reference of the Dermatology book of London on 15th Jan 2020. It is mention there that a regular manicure can keep your feet hydrated and doesn’t allow to get dead skin. Pedicure treatments have been doing in various types of different salons. But in today’s busy schedule, you haven’t enough time to get pedicure treatment on a regular basis in the salon. So today in this post, I’ll let you know how you can easily make a perfect pedicure at home.
Tools which you required
- Warm water with tub
- sea salt
- Nail trimmer
- Nail File
- Nail scrubber
- Foot scrub
- Cuticle cream
- Nail polish remover
- Pumice stone
- A Smooth Towel
- Cotton balls
Steps to do Pedicure At Home
Shape your Nails
- Remove your old nail polish by using nail polish remover with cotton balls.
- If you need to trim your nails, clip them with the help of a nail cutter. But don’t cut the edges too deep otherwise it can overcome ingrown painful nails.
- Initially, you have to choose the nail shape ( Square, oval and pointed, etc) so that you can file them accordingly.
- Now start shaping your nails by using Nail filer to get your desired shape. Push some force while doing filing but be gentle to avoid weakening of nails. Avoid applying back and forth motion across the tip of the nail, as it can weaken them. File your nails in just a single direction to achieve your desired shape.
Soak your feet in warm water
- Now it’s the time to get relax your feet after a stressful daily work routine. Now you need to follow these guidelines,
- Add warm water in a tub and then add shampoo and some crystals of sea salt in the liquid. If you want to get a professional pedicure then you must go with these steps,
- You can also add Epsom salt in the water. It’ll help soften your feet and heals inflammation and roughness around your feet. It exfoliates your feet as well.
- Soak your feet for at least 10-15 minutes.
Rub your heels
Now Rub your heels with a pumice stone to remove dead skin or soften your heels. The basic objective of a pedicure is to hydrate your feet and remove dead skin. So this is the step, where you have to rub your heels gently to get remove dust and dirt as well. Once you have done it completely, dip in your feet into the water once again and then dry your feet with a towel for the next step.
Scrub & Cleanse your feet
- Apply a few drops of cuticle cream on your toenails, Once your feet get dry. Start scrubbing your feet to make them soft and glowing. It’ll also help to remove further dead skin and help to remove infection and cracks as well. But be calm and gentle while scrubbing to avoid any inconvenience.
- Once you have done, remove cuticle cream and start pushing your cuticles by using a cuticle pusher. Now remove your cuticles with cuticle remover cream. Don’t cut your cuticles ever. Removing cuticles can help grow your nails smoothly. Ensure to scrub your nails with a scrubber and be gentle in the whole process. Wipeout your feet after the completion of the process.
- Now apply scrub at your feet to exfoliate. You need to need use foot scrub for this purpose or you can also use face scrub as well. Scrub your toes, heels, and soles. Don’t forget to scrub around the sides of your feet and your ankles as well. If you haven’t the cuticle cream, you can make it at home. Add lemon juice, oatmeal, brown sugar, olive oil, and honey in a bowl and then mix it well. You can also use it in place of cuticle cream.
- After the completion of scrub, if you want to add some additional glow to your feet, take a cleansing lotion and cleanse your feet. It not only keep your feet glowing but moisturized as well.
You have to moisturize your feet to rejuvenate them. You can use any moisturizer for this purpose. Gently massage your feet, ankles, and heels for almost 10 minutes. You can also paint your nails after doing all that.
A combination of Almond oil and Olive oil can also be used for moisturizing, once you completed the cleansing process. Both these oils are tremendous therapies for a foot massage. Regular feet massage can stimulate nerve ending and ultimately improves blood circulation and nourishing the skin and foot muscles.
You can apply petroleum jelly and lemon juice onto your heels if you have some cracks on your feet. Wear cotton socks after that and leave this overnight till the next morning. Repeat this twice a week and ensure to clean and moisturize your feet every day, you’ll get the desired results.
Pop your Nails
When you completed all the steps, you can paint your nails with your favorite shade of nail polish. It’s an optional step, if you don’t want to apply nail polish, you can skip this step. If you like simple nail polish, you can adopt but if you wanna add french nail designs, it can be your preference.
Simple Nail polish
For every nail art design, First of all, you have to apply basecoat. You can also use transparent nail polish for this purpose. Basecoat protects your nail from nail pigments.
Shade your Nails
Now you can apply your favorite shade nail polish to paint your nails and then Let it dry for some time.
Now it’s the time to seal your nails with the topcoat once the second coat gets dry. Apply another coat to finish this simple nail polish. Topcoat gives shine to nails and enhances its appearance.
French Tip Nails
- You need to apply transparent basecoat first and then let it dry completely.
- Paint the tip of your nails by using white nail polish.
- Let it dry for a couple of minutes.
- Now we’ll apply a second coat. It’ll make your white color more attractive and flawless.
- Dry out the white coat before you proceed to the final coat.
- Finally, apply a top coat to seal up your nails. If there are some stains around your nails, you can remove them by tooth pin if they are wet. Otherwise, you can use nail polish remover.
- If you can’t do the scrubbing process on a regular basis, you can scrub your feet with a pumice stone while taking a bath. But you need to do it twice a week at least if you wanna remove your dead skin.
- Let your nails free from nail paint with time to time to retain their breathing.
- Consult your health care professional if you see any fungal or bacterial infection on your nails.
- Always avoid fish pedicure as it has been published in the reports that it’s not safe and it can cause Hepatitis c and HIV.